It’s time to shine a light on what our product and engineering teams have been up to since our launch – including a major new version launch packed with some exciting improvements to those who revere the blue owl ‘Uku!’
We’re moving steadily towards the winter months in Estonia – the air is getting cooler, the first snows are falling, and the waft of gingerbread is beginning to resonate from households. We’ve updated our accounting management software! What’s new?
Our team of mini-Uku’s have been plodding along like an army of [blue] minions producing the below features based on feedback from you, our clients.
Let’s delve into the nitty-gritty of what Uku 2.0 has in store for you!
Uku dashboard is expanded
Managing Uku on mobile is important (more on that later) but our desktop version is still the primary method our customers use.
Now, we have added the following improvements to Uku, the accounting management software:
1. Notifications ‘You have a targeted task,’ – sticky notifications remain on the desktop until the user closes it.
2. Advanced Desktop Search – Now, users have the ability to filter and search by
3. Customise your desktop with selected filters for getting answers to your questions quickly and easily.
4. Separate calendars – for 1 and 2 weeks. Plus, week numbers appear in front of a small calendar. Furthermore, the names of the tasks are not displayed more at length.
5. Save dashboards – save filters on the dashboard to come back to at any time.
Oh yes, task management got a whole lot easier
The most important part of accounting management software. Tasks, tasks, tasks… must do’s and nobody enjoys doing them but at least with Uku version 2 they are now easier to manage:
- Removing view and edit view – making changes are automatically saved.
- Billable or not billable – you can now designate which task should be billed for.
- Start dates & due dates – are now changeable.
- Weekly recurrences – now it is possible to set a deadline, even for recurring tasks with multiple date options.
- Attach documents – whether on a desktop or mobile device, users can now add documents to each task.
It’s always about the clients in accounting management software
If your accounting practice is easy to do business with, then your customers will remain loyal. Plus, giving clients more value is a surefire way to gain more business!
- Importing data – users can now import data from their accounting software.
- Organisation and customer on data lists – Both the company and the customer themselves are on the customer list. Now You can view the company’s work plan.
- More customisation – more columns, more filter choices, more save options.
- Customer templates – a selection of easy-to-use several templates when creating customer plans.
- Customer profiles – new sidebar that can be opened and closed for further customer information.
- Export details – are all included when exporting data
Why? You can’t measure your profit and success unless you can benchmark where you started before using Uku. So, we made it even more accessible:
- Date/user grouping under the summary view
- The status description drop-down menu now has separate filters, indicating what that status of that function is.
- Monitoring separate menu items
Always important for accountants, billing
From our inception, billing was one of our fundamental drivers of why we launched Uku. Getting paid, on time, and profitably for your work was our raison d’etre. Our billing features have been so well received that only a minor improvement was required:
- Billing view status – the selection is now under tabs
Your little friend, accounting management software, just got better
Mini-Uku, the small owl icon in the corner of your screen provides an overview of your entire working day and helps you plan your schedule more efficiently.
Well now, this little fella can do more now, keeping your customer list open and each customer profile even when you are not using him. He’ll always be there!
Uku, the accounting management software on the go
Business never stops, and when visiting clients, you don’t always have your laptop or PC with you. Working on your smartphone has now become quicker:
Mobile view – viewing the desktop version on a mobile device didn’t quite fit the screen, so we created a new mobile view that fits no matter what device you have, smartphone or tablet.